Inventory Unit Detail
2016 Harley-Davidson® XL1200CX - SPORTSTER
Sale: Save $1,496.00 now until 5/31/2019
XL1200CX - SPORTSTER
The new Roadster™ motorcycle combines stoplight-to-stoplight power, agility and garage-built custom style to shatter every mold.
- Tucked in, fast back style and corner cranking torque for a street eating machine: The new Roadster™ puts a powerful new level of sport into the Sportster® line-up. Its refined performance package includes 43mm inverted front forks with massive triple clamps, powerful dual-disc front brakes, premium rear suspension and new dual gauge instrumentation to complement the iconic fuel tank and chopped rear fender. The riding position is aggressive, but comfortable for long rides thanks to the 19” front and 18” rear offset-split 5-spoke cast aluminum wheels, lowered bars, mid-mount controls and a new two-up seat. Its 45-degree, 1200 cc engine delivers massive off-the-line torque. Turn it loose at the green light.
- Authentic Styling: It only takes three words to describe the look of the Roadster™ motorcycle: garage-built custom. You get blacked-out styling details, slammed bars, chopped rear fender, race-inspired graphics, a finned timer cover, slotted black exhaust shields. The list goes on.
- Iconic Engine: Low-end torque is the calling card of the 1200 cc Evolution® V-Twin motor mounted in the nimble frame of the new Roadster™. It’s also known for the soul-satisfying sound.
- Technology: The Roadster™ motorcycle gives you the attitude of a garage-built custom, but you get modern features like a hands-free, factory installed H-D™ Smart Security System. Dual disc front brakes with floating rotors. And optional anti-lock brakes front and rear.
- Handling: The Roadster has plenty of stoplight-to-stoplight muscle, but the places this machine truly shines is in the corners. It’s the only Sportster® in the line with inverted front forks. And there’s a new 43mm front suspension with cartridge damping and a new steering geometry that make for easy handling and a quick response to your inputs. It’s all riding on sticky Dunlop® Harley-Davidson® Series Radial tires.
- Comfort: One look at the Roadster™ is all it takes to make you want to get in the saddle and go hard. We added to that feeling with a ride that makes you never want to stop. The new two-up seat is low-profile, but designed to keep you comfortable all day. And the premium suspension is built to absorb the punishment the road wants to throw at your body.
- Blacked-Out Styling: There’s plenty of black to bring a dark edge to the garage-built look of the Roadster™ motorcycle. The mirrors, belt guard and headlamp are black. The oval air cleaner has a black insert. There are slotted black exhaust shields and a blacked-out powertrain.
- New Paint and Graphics: The paint and graphics on the new Roadster™ are an unmistakable nod to the performance heritage that runs deep in the Motor Company.
- Slammed Handlebars and New Gauge: You get the performance look and feel of slammed handlebars on the Roadster™. The riding position is aggressive. And the new gauge includes a speedometer and tach so you can keep track of what’s going on in your power plant.
- New Light-Weight Offset Split 5-Spoke Wheels: The Roadster™ comes rolling out of the factory on new light-weight, offset split 5-spoke wheels. They give you a custom look, easy-steering and a better power to weight ratio. Now it’s your turn to squeeze every ounce of performance out of this ride.
- New Two-Up Seat and Rear Tail Section: The garage-built custom look of the Roadster™ is evident in the new seat and tail section of the bike. Simple, minimal and raw. The seat has a low profile, performance look, and the fender has been chopped 1.5” to accentuate the rear wheel. There’s also a side-mount license plate to keep the fender and wheel clean.
- Chrome Exhaust Shields with Blacked-Out Muffler Shields: The Roadster™ features classic 2-into-2 tapered blunt cut mufflers. The pipes are chrome, but thanks to slotted black muffler shields things don’t get too bright.
- Side-Mount License Plate: There’s a side-mount license plate that keeps the chopped rear fender and rear wheel clean.
- Air Box with Finned Timer Cover: The air box on the Roadster™ is the classic oval, a nod to the heritage of the Sportster® motorcycle and the V-Twin engine at its heart. It’s painted to match the finish on the engine and paired with a finned timer cover to add to the classic, street custom finish on this machine.
- 1200 cc Air-Cooled Evolution® V-Twin Power: The Evolution® engine—known in certain crowds as the Blockhead—was first bolted to the frame of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle back in 1984. Born from legendary Shovelhead and Ironhead engines, the Evolution® engine broke new ground in displacement innovation while maintaining the hunger for power, durability and proven reliability that The Motor Company was built on.
- Iconic 1200 cc Air-Cooled Evolution® Engine: The Motor Company was built on the feeling our engines deliver to the rider, and decades of riding experience went into the development of this one. Born from the legendary engines of our history, the 1200 cc Air-Cooled Evolution® V-Twin is renowned for its massive low-end torque and soul-satisfying sound. Lightweight aluminum heads and cylinders improve air-cooling efficiency, which means reliability that will last for years.
- H-D™ Smart Security System (Optional): The factory-installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle’s electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It’s this attention to detail and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Anti-Lock Brakes (Optional): This sophisticated, factory-installed ABS gives ‘stopping power’ a double meaning. You’ll turn heads with clean, streamlined design. But more importantly, you get certainty in the saddle knowing your bike’s going to behave when you need it.
- Dual Disc Front Brakes with Floating Rotors: There’s no question you’ve got a lot of muscle behind you when you’re on the Roadster™ motorcycle. That’s why you’ve got dual disc front brakes with floating rotors in front of you. The more confident you are in stopping, the better the going gets.
- New 43 mm Front Suspension with Inverted Forks: At the front of the Roadster™ motorcycle, you’ll notice a new 43 mm front suspension with inverted forks. They feature cartridge damping and the brawny look of massive new triple clamps. They keep your rubber on the road when the pavement gets rough.
- New Steering Geometry: As part of the new performance package, we engineered a new steering geometry for the Roadster™. The result for you is easy, nimble handling and a confidence-inspiring ride.
- Dunlop® Harley-Davidson® Series Radial Black Wall Tires: When you have the combination of this much power and agility, you want sticky rubber to make the most of it. The Roadster™ delivers with Harley-Davidson® Series Radial Black Wall tires.
- New Two-Up Seat: The new two-up seat on the Roadster™ motorcycle is the optimal combination of comfort and custom style. It’s a low profile, with a nice, deep scoop to keep you firmly planted under acceleration, and it puts you just 30.9 inches off the ground for a low center of gravity and confident handling.
- Premium Emulsion-Type Shocks with Pre-Load: The premium emulsion-type rear shocks on the Roadster™ are all new. They feature a screw-style adjustable pre-load so you can dial the ride in to your style. They give you solid handling, and keep your rubber in contact with the asphalt over the bumps and cracks in the road.
- Length: 86 in. (2,186 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 30.9 in. (785 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 6 in. (152 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 28.9
- Trail: 5.5 in. (140 mm)
- Wheelbase: 59.3 in. (1,505 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 120/70R19 M/C
- Tires, Rear Specification: 150/70R18 M/C
- Fuel Capacity: 3.3 gal. (12.5 l)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 2.8 qt. (2.6 l)
- Weight, As Shipped: 549 lb. (249 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 568 lb. (258 kg)
- Engine: Air-cooled, Evolution®
- Bore: 3.5 in. (88.9 mm)
- Stroke: 3.811 in. (96.8 mm)
- Displacement: 73.4 cu in (1,202 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 38/57 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.315
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.653
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.948
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 4.102
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.517
- Exhaust: Shorty-dual exhaust with chrome tapered mufflers with laser cut black heat shields
- Wheels, Front Type: Black Offset, Split 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Wheels, Rear Type: Black Offset, Split 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Brakes, Caliper Type: Dual-piston front, Dual-piston rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 76 ft-lb (103 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3,750
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 30.8
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 31.1
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 48 mpg (4.9 l/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (optional) and ABS (optional)
- Gauges: Dual function gauge - 4“ Digital Speedometer / Analog Tachometer
- Engine Type
- 73.4 cu. in. (1,202 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.5 in. (88.9 mm) x 3.811 in. (96.8 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 120/70R19 M/C
- Rear Tire
- 150/70R18 M/C
- 59.3 in. (1,505 mm)
- Seat Height
- 30.9 in. (785 mm)
- 28.9 deg.
- 5.5 in. (140 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.3 gal. (12.5 L)
- 48 mpg (4.9 l/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 549 lb. (249 kg)
- Vivid Black